May 23, 2017, Palm Springs, California –The Desert Jet team recently celebrated its ten-year anniversary of operations with a static display, reception and dance party for friends, family, clients and customers that included a look-back to the successes and milestones enjoyed over the years.
Desert Jet was initially founded in 2007 by Denise Wilson, an oboist-turned pilot-turned accidental entrepreneur. Denise saw a need to help people navigate through the various private aviation options in her new community. Many private flyers approached Denise for advice on choosing the best private travel option between aircraft whole or fractional share ownership, jet cards, membership programs and charter. Denise launched Desert Jet and expanded the service to include aircraft charter, jet management, and maintenance. The company’s newest venture is Desert Jet Center, offering ground handling, fuel sales and hangar storage for aircraft.
Highlights over the years include;
- Desert Jet ranked five consecutive years on the Inc. 500|5000 list of the nation’s fastest growing, privately owned companies – ranking as high as #69 on the list
- Named one of the “Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America” by Entrepreneur Magazine
- Named one of the “50 Fastest Growing Women Led/Owned Companies” worldwide
- Desert Jet’s charter operation earned ARGUS Platinum, Wyvern Wingman, IS-BAO Stage III registration and the NBAA Safety Award – certifications that only the top 5% of all charter operators have achieved
- Desert Jet awarded a government GSA contract to provide flights to various governmental entities including the Department of Justice
- Desert Jet Maintenance listed as the preferred maintenance vendor for numerous large aircraft operators
- Desert Jet Center secured a 35-year lease to build a new $5 million dollar, 5 acre state-of-the-art aviation facility
- Desert Jet Center earned IS-BAH registration – the only fixed base operation (FBO) in the region to have earned this prestigious safety certification
- Desert Jet Center voted in as the Preferred FBO for the Corporate Aircraft Association (CAA) after being open for less than one month
- Grew our team from one employee to 54 employees (and still growing) while flying over 20,000 hours on fleet aircraft
- Raised and donated $25,000 on average annually over the past ten years for various charitable organizations including the American Cancer Society, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Angel Flight West, and various humanitarian, educational and animal rescue groups.
“What has always set Desert Jet apart from other organizations is our people and our culture” said Denise Wilson, founder of Desert Jet. “The heart of our people and the support of our families have made us what we are today.”
The ten-year anniversary celebration included a static display of the entire Desert Jet fleet, a meet and greet reception, and an 80’s themed dance party hosted by Richard Blade of KROQ and SIRIUS XM.
About Desert Jet
Desert Jet is a group of aircraft management, charter, maintenance and aircraft handling companies based in Palm Springs/Thermal, California (KTRM). Our management team provides jet owners with turn-key management of their aircraft, including charter revenue that offsets the cost of ownership.
Desert Jet’s acquisition service provides aircraft buyers with objective third party oversight throughout all phases of the process. Our team helps buyers select the right aircraft and represents the acquisition through pre-purchase inspection, delivery and placing the aircraft into service.
For more information, please visit www.desertjet.com or contact us at (800) 381-JETS.